In yesterday’s post I talked about believing in yourself and how that comes from the programming you received growing up. I also told you that all your thoughts and actions spring from that programming and that now that you know there’s a way to change it, it’s your responsibility to do it. So, today I’m going to teach you the things you need to do to change your programming. I have one word of caution though. This takes time. One blog post is not going to undo 30 or more years of negative programming. I’m a perfect example. I’ve been practicing this process daily for almost 5 years. Although I’m light years ahead of where I was, I still struggle with the negative programming I received as a child.
So here’s what we know:
1. By the time we’re 40 years old, we’ve received over 200,000 negative self talk statements given by our parents, our siblings, our teachers, our bosses, our friends.
2. Our brains are like computers. What we put in, it gives us back. It doesn’t care whether it’s positive or negative.
3. There’s a way to change that. It’s called Positive Self-Talk.
4. The best methods we know that work for Positive Self Talk is by listening to it several times a day either on tape or on CD.
5. Reading the statement out loud does not work even though most self-improvement experts teach that it does.
6. The best time to listen to self talk is in the morning as your getting ready for work, while your driving, and right before you go to sleep at night.
7. The best way to listen to self talk is by letting it play quietly in the background as your doing something else. It just has to be loud enough so that you can understand what is being said. There’s no need to concentrate on the words. Your subconscious mind is listening whether or not you know it.
8. People who are with you while it’s playing will benefit from it as well even though they may not want to.
9. Listening to self talk will change your life. It changed mine.
You now have one of the major keys to changing your life. If you’d like to know more, contact me through the blog and I will let you know where to get professionally recorded self talk that really works.
I know you can do it and I definitely believe in you!